This is definitely my go-to recipe for a cheesecake when I need something really quick. It’s easy, it’s simple, and most importantly, it’s sinfully delicious!
Hi guys! How are you all doing? It’s been quite some time since I last posted. I haven’t been baking quite a lot recently, and whatever little I did, it didn’t seem worthy enough to share with you guys. BUT, I ha ve finally found the perfect recipe for you all. This is an adaptation of the famous, Nigella’s no-bake Nutella Cheesecake. For those of you, who have been following my blog regularly would know that I’m a BIG Nigella fan. A lot of my recipes are adapted from her’s, simply because they are so simple yet produces great results! 😀 (Trust me, you would be surprised!)
I made this cheesecake for a friend of mine who loveeesss Nutella. I, on the other hand, am not such a big fan of Nutella. Actually, anything to do with chocolate doesn’t quite appeal to me as much. (Ya, I’m not normal 😛 ) BUT, I have made Nigella’s Nutella Cheesecake before and I have simply loved it. So, I thought of adding my own touch to it, and I’m so happy with the results!
This cheesecake is everything you could wish for. It has Nutella incorporated in all the three layers. It’s so light (yes, cheesecakes can be light), you can make it in 20 mins and it’s undeniably delicious! Nothing like the overly sweet cheesecakes that you come across where you’re drowning in a pool of sugar. My favourite part is definitely the Nutella glaze on top. It just elevates the cheesecake to a whole new level. Hey, it’s not gonna make you any thinner, but definitely a treat for your tastebuds! I also prefer small portions because I feel food is supposed to excite your tastebuds, leaving you wanting for more. Hence, the recipe below is for a mini cheesecake (4.5″ diameter). You can double it if you want to go for a 9″ tin.
You have to try this right NOW. You will thank me later. 😛 And do share the pictures with me if you try this. I would love to see all your versions 🙂
Makes: 1 mini cheesecake (4.5″ diameter)
For the base:
- 90 gms digestive biscuits
- 15 gms toasted hazelnuts- chopped
- 25 gms unsalted butter
- 20 gms Nutella
For the filling:
- 225 gms cream cheese – at room temperature
- 15 gms cocoa powder
- 180 gms Nutella
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Nutella
- 4 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- toasted hazelnuts (chopped) for sprinkling
For the base
- Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the butter and Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
- Tip into a 4.5inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer to chill.
For the filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese for a minute or two until light and smooth. Add the icing sugar and mix again. Then add the Nutella and cocoa powder to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
- Take the springform out of the freezer and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours at least.
For the glaze
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, nutella, milk and vanilla extract. Put the saucepan over low heat for only a minute or two in order to smoothen the glaze. Do not let it heat too much or else the sugar crystallises. Remove from heat and pour over the chilled cheesecake. Let it sit for a while before shaking or moving. Sprinkle hazelnuts on top and refrigerate again for at least an hour. Bring to almost room temperature before serving. A bit of chill complements the flavour better. Enjoy!
If you like getting updates from me, please click on the ‘Follow’ button to hear from me regularly. You can also check me out on instagram at: myyummyspatula 🙂