Hiii guys! How is everybody doing?
For a lot of you who have been reading my blog would already know, and for all the first timers, I had a #favourite series going on throughout August, posting my all time favourite recipes. Now I couldn’t manage to get everything posted since I have quite a lot of all time favourites (:P), and also because I fell unwell. But I’m better now and I promise to post the rest of them over September. Yayy!
Which brings me to this new post! I don’t usually make a lot of cookies, and I have no idea why. I mean, they are easy, quick and utterly delicious. Why would I not make them more often? I’m gonna now, starting with this one. It’s so sinfully delicious, with kinda less sin attached though haha. And it’s super easy & quick! Perfect with your morning cuppa of hot coffee! Let’s give them a try, shall we?
Recipe adaptation: Pooja Dhingra’s The Big Book of Treats
MAKES: 10-12 cookies
- 120 gm salted butter
- 90 gms dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 gms multigrain flour (can use whole wheat as well)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 20 ml boiling water
- 80 gms cooking oats
- 120 gms dark chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda. Fold the flour into the sugar-butter mixture, until combined.
- Pour the boiling water into the dough and mix well.
- Finally, add the oats and chocolate and knead into a dough. Wrap the dough in a cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Make medium sized balls and flatten with your fingertips. Bake for 10-15 mins. Don’t over bake it as they will continue to cook a little as they cool.
If you like hearing from me, please hit the follow button. You can also follow me on instagram for more drooling pictures, updates and behind the scene stories!
Instagram handle: myyummyspatula