It’s 2017 already! Happy new year you guys! ❤ I hope everybody had an amazing end to 2016. Let’s take a moment to reflect on this year that was. 2016 was especially special for me because after months of procrastinating, and self doubting, I finally found the courage to start this blog. It’s been one hell of a year, with loads of ups and downs. There were moments where I wasn’t sure of what I was really doing, or what I really wanted out of all of this. However, there’s always a silver lining. Not only have I become a better baker, learning something new every single day, but also I have discovered myself a little more. I am super excited for 2017. So many new opportunities and experiences to unravel. I’m most excited about going to Pastry School, yay! Anyway, I hope all of you have a wonderful year ahead, filled with loads of love and kindness for one another. It’s sad how being kind to one another just because you want to has become a rare thing. We definitely need more love and kindness in the world.
Speaking of love, I have something that you’ll love. Cookies! What is better than cookies? Double Chocolate Cookies! What is better than Double Chocolate Cookies? Healthy Double Chocolate Cookies! Okay, it’s getting annoying, haha. New year looks quite happy, doesn’t it? You see those chunks of dark chocolate? That’s the best part! The trick in making these cookies is to use loads of chocolate chips. I personally don’t like using chocolate chips so much because I’m not a fan of it’s quality. So I chop my favourite chocolate bar into small chunks and use that. I have used the 65% dark chocolate by Mason & Co. and it’s unbelievably good! These cookies are so quick to make and can be made in under 30 minutes. Plus need I say that double chocolate is never a bad idea? My new year resolution is to eat more cookies, because why not? 😛
Recipe adaptation: Ambitious Kitchen
MAKES: 15 cookies
- 140 gms multigrain flour
- 30 gms cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 120 gms almond butter
- 90 gms coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coffee powder (I used espresso powder)
- 100 gms good quality dark chocolate chips/bar (I chopped my favourite dark chocolate bar)
- Line a baking tray with silicon mat or baking paper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a medium bowl, sift together multigrain flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together almond butter, coconut sugar, egg, vanilla extract and coffee until smooth and well combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips/bar and loosely form a dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on the prepared baking tray. Flatten them with your palm to the size you want them to be since they hardly spread. I like to press down a chunk of dark chocolate in the centre for extra goodness. Although that’s optional, I highly recommend you doing that.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, depending on your oven. They will be soft when they are out. Let them cool for 10 minutes on the tray. Serve with a hot cuppa coffee. Enjoy!
If you like hearing from me, please hit the follow button. You can also follow me on instagram and Facebook for more drooling pictures, updates and behind the scene stories!
Instagram handle: myyummyspatula
Facebook handle: My Yummy Spatula