While I cannot decide what to name these bad boys, I’m just gonna pop one into my mouth 😛 Energy bites have been a recent addition to my list of favourites. Well, can you blame them?! They are probably the easiest to make, after chia puddings of course! I’m a lazy girl, what can I say! 😀 But that’s just one of the reasons. My real reason stems from the fact that they are super yum and so filling, minus the guilt. What more could a person want?! So to put it simply, you NEED these in your life. I know I do! You’re welcome ❤
Recipe adaptation: Cotter Crunch
Makes: 15-20 bites
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon powder. Keep aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix the rolled oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, dark chocolate chips, peanut or almond butter, maple syrup or honey and vanilla extract until everything comes together.
- Roll into small bite sized balls and coat with the coconut sugar-cinnamon mix. Refrigerate for 20-30 mins or until firm. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
If you like hearing from me, please show some love by hitting the follow button. You can also check out more drooling pictures, updates and behind the scene stories on Instagram and Facebook! xx
Instagram handle: myyummyspatula ❤
Facebook handle: My Yummy Spatula