Now I’m a traditionalist when it comes to Tiramisu. I don’t like people meddling with it. Anything which is not made with mascarpone and sabayon, is in fact not Tiramisu. So just to be clear, this dessert is in no way tiramisu. I only call it that because of how much it tastes like one, with a little white chocolatey goodness. It’s basically a White Chocolate Mousse with a Coffee-Baileys Sponge Base, finished with dusted cocoa powder. And it is SO freaking good! I have no shame in admitting that I literally ate both of them over a span of 4 hours, with of course occasional bites by my mum & dad. In my defence, I had busted my ass at the gym, so yeah. 😛 If a boy made this for me for V-Day, I would marry him, I swear. Okay, maybe not that extreme but I sure would go out on a date with him. Just because he made me this. You see the power here?
Valentine’s Day is all about love and what says love better than chocolate? I shared the recipe for my Nutella Espresso Brownies for V-Day a couple of days ago and so many of you loved it and wanted to try it but it wasn’t eggless. That’s why I wanted to share this recipe which is equally (if I dare say, more) addictive and just so damn good! That eggless White Chocolate Mousse isn’t airy or light, but it’s rich, creamy and so luscious. The Coffee-Baileys sponge base perfectly cuts through the sweetness of white chocolate, not in an overpowering way though, and brings the whole dessert together. So little effort, such great results! I’m not one to brag and I’m usually very critical of whatever I make, but you guys! This is seriously good stuff. Okay, cannot stress enough. Make this for your Valentine or the girl/boy next door you’ve secretly been crushing on and tell me if you don’t score a date 😛
Do share a picture if you decide to give it a try. Tag me on instagram @myyummyspatula or send me a DM! Would love to see all your interesting creations! 🙂
Makes: 4 small serves
For the base
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder mixed with 40 ml hot water, cooled
- 20 ml Baileys
- 4-6 ladyfinger biscuits
For the white chocolate mousse
- 100 gms good quality white chocolate
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or any neutral flavoured oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baileys
- 100 gms coconut cream, chilled *
- Cocoa powder, for dusting on top
- In a small bowl, mix the cooled coffee with Baileys.
- Depending on your serving glass, break the biscuits into half or four pieces and dip them into the Coffee-Baileys mixture. Let them soak on each side enough to be damp but not soggy.
- Line the bottom of your serving glasses with the soaked biscuits. Keep cleaning the glass as you go in case the rims gets dirty. Keep aside.
- For the white chocolate mousse, melt the white chocolate with oil, vanilla extract and Baileys over a double boiler. Once completely melted, remove from heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, whip the chilled coconut cream until soft peaks. Gently fold in the cooled white chocolate mixture until well combined. Do not beat as we do not want to deflate the cream.
- Pour the white chocolate mousse equally into the serving glasses. Cover with cling film and chill for an hour or until ready to serve (up to overnight).
- Dust with cocoa powder right before serving. Bon appetite!
*- You can also use regular whipping cream instead of coconut cream. However, be sure not to use cooking cream which has a lower fat content and hence does not easily whip up.
Send over a picture if you do give this a try using the hashtag #MyYummySpatula and tag @myyummyspatula. Can’t wait to see all your creations! ❤
Like more deliciousness ? Hit the follow button! You can also check out more drooling pictures, updates and behind the scene stories on Instagram! xx
Instagram handle: myyummyspatula
Facebook handle: My Yummy Spatula