You know global warming is real when it’s 39 degrees in the first week of April. It’s literally a free sauna out there. I love summers but this is unusual even for me. Anyway, now that we have discussed the weather and maybe cribbed about it (just a little bit), I got you covered for this scorching heat! 😀 If you’re in Delhi, I don’t have to sell you these. You practically need them. If you’re not in Delhi, well, you still need them 😛 I mean fruit + booze on a stick, come on! Why wouldn’t you?!
Unfortunately, I’m yet to master the art of shooting ice creams, sorbets and popsicles. Hence, all I have is this one picture where the Delhi sun hadn’t worked it’s magic just as yet. Sorry guys 😥 Although I promise, the popsicles would make up for that, hehe. Maybe they could be on your next Sunday brunch menu. Hope you have a happy and a boozy dayy! ❤
Recipe adaptation: Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
Makes: 6-8 popsicles
- 3 ripe kiwis
- 1-2 tbsp organic honey/ maple syrup if vegan
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- Peel kiwis and puree in a blender until smooth. I like a few chunks in my popsicles so I let a few chunks be. Stir in the honey and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the white wine and water and give it a good whisk. You can add an extra 1/4 cup of white wine if you would like a more boozy popsicle. Also, feel free to add in more honey if not sweet enough for you. (Remember: the flavours will not be as strong once frozen.)
- Pour into popsicle moulds, leaving a bit of headspace for expansion on freezing. Freeze overnight.
- To remove from the moulds, run warm (not hot) water over the moulds and gently pull out the sticks in corkscrew motion. Enjoy!
If you like hearing from me, please show some love by hitting the follow button. You can also check out more drooling pictures, updates and behind the scene stories on Instagram and Facebook! xx
Instagram handle: myyummyspatula
Facebook handle: My Yummy Spatula