Do any of you feel tired (and dare I say a little apprehensive) of always having to google recipes every time and have a whole hit and trial session? Now even as a consumer, it’s just so exhausting to try recipes from different sources every time, in hopes that it turns out well. And having done that a million times personally, I can vouch with full credibility that it’s not the most exciting feeling. I have had far more failed recipes than successful ones in the past but thankfully, as a food blogger, I have indeed learnt a few tricks of judging a recipe. Nevertheless, I still have failed recipes every now and then- yes, a long way to go still. However experimental I am, I always like to have a fall back option, almost like a cushion- where I know I won’t be disappointed. Having been at the receiving end, I wish this little space can be that trusting friend for you- just like a cushion at the comfort of which, you know you will not be disappointed. ❤
Speaking of comfort, you know what’s pure comfort? Pancakes. YES! Now honestly, pancakes aren’t something I make on a regular basis, but for the rare times that I do, I never had a go-to pancake recipe that I absolutely loved (part of the reason I never made them often I guess). Until now. This it it. I have found it and I see the frequency of pancakes rising in the future. 😛 I’m not kidding. My sister, who almost hates pancakes, has had these two days in a row now. Surprising, eh? Not so surprising once you make them. So fluffy, so satisfying, super easy, very healthy and also vegan! WHAAT?! I see you need these in your life. Am I right or am I right? Happy breakfast-ing everybody! 😀
Recipe adaptation: Wallflower Kitchen
Makes: a stack of 6 pancakes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup amaranth flour (or sub whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp light olive oil or sunflower oil (or any other mild flavoured oil)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey (if not vegan)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup almond milk or any other plant based milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, whisk the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients bowl and slowly pour in the wet ingredients, whisking lightly. Mix well until no lumps remain.
- Heat a non stick pan/griddle over low-medium heat. Once the pan is hot (not burning hot though), brush a little oil. Using a small ladle, pour the pancake batter onto the hot pan and let it cook for 45-60 seconds on one side or until small bubbles form on top (key to ensure the other side is cooked).
- Flip the pancake gently and let it cook for another 45-60 seconds, until golden brown. Continue till the batter is over.
- Serve warm with your choice of syrup or my favourite- Nutella, chopped bananas and crushed walnuts!
Send over a picture if you do give this a try using the hashtag #MyYummySpatula and tag @myyummyspatula. Can’t wait to see all your recreations! ❤
Like more deliciousness ? Hit the follow button! You can also check out more drooling pictures, updates and behind the scene stories on Instagram! xx
Instagram handle: myyummyspatula
Facebook handle: My Yummy Spatula