Oh my god, I finally managed to make these! *pats her back* I should be given an award for the best procrastinator in the world, no kidding. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not lazy. I actually like to live a pretty active lifestyle. I just don’t know many people who are enthusiastic about pancakes and would like to share a plate with me. I know, I know, sounds ridiculous right?! Well it is. I’ll also tell you what’s even more ridiculous. These pancakes. They are kinda ridiculous. Ridiculously good, if I may say so myself! But I’m going to be honest, it’s not the pancakes alone which make this combination so good. The magic lies in that creamy cinnamon syrup. Yup, that’s right. I’m gonna highlight this for people who make the wise decision of scrolling through my rambles, because this is not to be missed. DO NOT SKIP THE SYRUP– it’s the BEST part. Trust me on this one, will you?
Continue reading “Sweet Potato Pancakes with Creamy Cinnamon Syrup (Vegan friendly)”
Do any of you feel tired (and dare I say a little apprehensive) of always having to google recipes every time and have a whole hit and trial session? Now even as a consumer, it’s just so exhausting to try recipes from different sources every time, in hopes that it turns out well. And having done that a million times personally, I can vouch with full credibility that it’s not the most exciting feeling. I have had far more failed recipes than successful ones in the past but thankfully, as a food blogger, I have indeed learnt a few tricks of judging a recipe. Nevertheless, I still have failed recipes every now and then- yes, a long way to go still. However experimental I am, I always like to have a fall back option, almost like a cushion- where I know I won’t be disappointed. Having been at the receiving end, I wish this little space can be that trusting friend for you- just like a cushion at the comfort of which, you know you will not be disappointed. ❤
Speaking of comfort, you know what’s pure comfort? Pancakes. YES! Now honestly, pancakes aren’t something I make on a regular basis, but for the rare times that I do, I never had a go-to pancake recipe that I absolutely loved (part of the reason I never made them often I guess). Until now. This it it. I have found it and I see the frequency of pancakes rising in the future. 😛 I’m not kidding. My sister, who almost hates pancakes, has had these two days in a row now. Surprising, eh? Not so surprising once you make them. So fluffy, so satisfying, super easy, very healthy and also vegan! WHAAT?! I see you need these in your life. Am I right or am I right? Happy breakfast-ing everybody! 😀
Recipe adaptation: Wallflower Kitchen
Makes: a stack of 6 pancakes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup amaranth flour (or sub whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp light olive oil or sunflower oil (or any other mild flavoured oil)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey (if not vegan)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup almond milk or any other plant based milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, whisk the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients bowl and slowly pour in the wet ingredients, whisking lightly. Mix well until no lumps remain.
- Heat a non stick pan/griddle over low-medium heat. Once the pan is hot (not burning hot though), brush a little oil. Using a small ladle, pour the pancake batter onto the hot pan and let it cook for 45-60 seconds on one side or until small bubbles form on top (key to ensure the other side is cooked).
- Flip the pancake gently and let it cook for another 45-60 seconds, until golden brown. Continue till the batter is over.
- Serve warm with your choice of syrup or my favourite- Nutella, chopped bananas and crushed walnuts!
Send over a picture if you do give this a try using the hashtag #MyYummySpatula and tag @myyummyspatula. Can’t wait to see all your recreations! ❤
Like more deliciousness ? Hit the follow button! You can also check out more drooling pictures, updates and behind the scene stories on Instagram! xx
Instagram handle: myyummyspatula
Facebook handle: My Yummy Spatula